Monday, 8 August 2011

Music for Every Day of the Week

Monday is actually my favourite day of the week--excluding the weekend, obviously. Mondays just seem kinda peaceful and quiet and pressure-free to me. I know most of the world hates Mondays, and I think that's kind of unfair. But it's just a day of the week, so I'm pretty sure Monday's feelings aren't hurt.

One of the nice consolations about Monday is that it has some good songs written about it. I always sing Monday songs on Mondays, which is maybe part of why I like Monday. But there are great songs on other days, too, and here are my favourites:

MONDAY - I Don't Like Mondays by the Boomtown Rats
Even though I do like Mondays, I love this song. More for its aesthetic than its message because that's pretty dark.

TUESDAY - Ruby Tuesday by Rolling Stone
One of my daughter's nicknames is Ruby Tuesday, from this song (sort of), and it's got a special place in my heart now. Also, you should see her sing it*. Pretty damn cute.

*not really, no, you shouldn't in any way attempt to see my child sing this song or, for that matter, do anything. that would be weird and stalky.

WEDNESDAY - Spring, Summer and Wednesdays by Status Quo
I have NO IDEA what this song is about, but it's mostly "na na na na na", and I like that.


THURSDAY -
There are NO good Thursday songs. Tursdays suck. They're late enough in the week that you should have accomplished a lot by now, and the week is almost over so you suddenly realize you have NO TIME left to finish everything, especially if you want to be as lazy on Friday as you'd like to be. Worst day of the week.

FRIDAY - Friday I'm in Love by the Cure
This one also nicely sums up all the other days of the week.


SATURDAY - Saturday in the Park by Chicago
There were other videos available for this song, and this one may not showcase the song best, but it sure does have the most things that will make you say WTF?


SUNDAY - Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2
If I have to explain why this is the best Sunday song, we can never ever never be friends.


That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment